Countdown to Glee’s Michael Jackson Tribute
In less than 5 days, Glee is going to honor the King of Pop Michael Jackson in the only way they know how, a tribute episode. For those die hard Glee fans (like us) I’m sure you’ve noticed that Glee has been light on the tribute episodes this season and its for good reason. Glee’s co-creator Ryan Murphy told press that season 3-tribute episode was going to be so big and so epic, they only wanted to do one. So what songs made the cut and just how will this tribute play out? Well for starters this tribute is to honor Michael Jackson, not copy him (like last seasons “Britney/Brittany” episode). This means all the songs arrangements and performances will capture the essence of Michael Jackson in Glee’s own unique way. As for the song selection, well 10 songs made the list and they are:
1. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ — Blaine and group
2. I Want You Back — Sebastian & Warblers
3. Bad — Artie, Santana, Blaine, Sebastian
4. Scream — Artie and Mike
5. Never Can Say Goodbye — Quinn
6. Human Nature/ Nature Boy — mash-up of MJ and Nat King Cole — Mercedes & Sam
7. Smooth Criminal — Santana & Sebastian (with special appearance performance by 2Cellos)
8. Ben — Finn, Rachel & Kurt
9. I Just Can’t Stop Loving You — Finn & Rachel
10. Black or White — Artie, Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Santana and the group
Now to really get you in the spirit, we’ve got a first look at two of the performances; Blaine’s Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ and Smooth Criminal from Santana & Sebastian (with special appearance performance by 2Cellos).
Be sure to tune into “Michael” when it airs on January 31st on FOX.