Quick and Easy: Get Gwyneth Paltrow’s Natural Makeup Look
Foundation, brushes and what not is great but letʼs get down and talk color. What to wear for eyeshadows, lips and blush – you know the fun stuff. We have our lovely paper model, Melany. She has three key areas highlighted for a good basic or beginners makeup. The eyes, cheek and lips. Have great skin – skip the foundation and spot conceal with a concealer that matches your skin tone exactly. It the concealer looks splotchy use a pigmented tinted moisturizer. Not so great skin go through your foundation application. If you need help choosing a brand or a formula check out our article all about foundations here.
The Eyes Have It
There are times when you just have to get out of the door and you donʼt have time to put on 312 colors. The look of one shadow color is perfect for the summer because it is the essence of summer beauty. When there is only time for one color you want one that has color payoff because you are going to build color close to the last. It adds depth to the eye and if its a sultry golden bronzey or brown color you can skip the eye liner.
* Start off using a fluffy brush and a apply Flirtʼs Dreamy Eyeshadow in #44 Showstopper right from lash line to the crease. Darker skin or those looking for drama try shadow #39 Chocoholic. Take a small smudge build color on the lash line by packing it on and lightly blending for a smokey like effect.
* Take the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and curl lashes. Start close to the base and walk the lash curler out towards the end for a nice dramatic curl.
* No eye is finished without mascara. Using LʼOreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes prime your lashes with the white end and follow up with two coats of the black mascara.
Still need some extra oomph? The Sephora Nano Eyeliner in #05 Chocolate in the inner upper and lower rim. It will make your lash line look fuller but in a very cool and understated way.
Getting Cheeky with It
With the eyes done you can take a step back do you need some blush or maybe just a quick hint of bronzer to perk up the face.
* Pull out your angle brush and gently swipe in NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder ($34), tapping off the excess, place the bronzer on the high points of the face. Get the cheeks, forehead and bridge of the nose. Think about the areas that are hit with sunlight when you are at the beach, those are the areas that you want to put your bronzer.
* Follow up with your blush application. Grabbing a clean brush use some Cargo Catalina Blush ($29) or if you are a darker skin tone for Laguna which is a lovely orangey color. You are looking for just a hint of color – it should seem that the color is coming from within.
Perfect that Pout
To finish off this daytime look you want to go easy on the lips. Formulas that are part lip color, part balm are great for easy summer days.
* Using the Clinique Chubby Stick in #09 Heaping Hazelnut is a great neutral shade. These colors have great moisturizing properties but they are super sheer. Looking for more impact then go for a full on lipstick color but press it into the lips for a lip stain.
With practice you will be able to do this is under five minutes – ten if you do foundation. Quick and pretty, perfect for summer!