Simon Doonan Shares His Holiday Tips With Chandon
Simon Doonan, the creative ambassador-at-large of Barneys New York, has decided to share some of his holiday tips with Chandon. You should know that no holiday party is complete without many bottles of Chandon because Chandon says “I care about what you drink,” which in return means you care about them. Chandon has launched “Share Some Sparkle” on their Facebook page that features tips from some of Simon’s famous friends.
We decided to share some of Simon’s holiday tips with you. Some of our favorites include:
1) INFORMALITY RULES – Stuffy and fussy are totally over. Your Holiday party should be informal and FUN. Channel the vibrations of Holly Golightly’s hilarious bash in Breakfast at Tiffany’s
2) SIXTIES SIPS – To add a 60’s Mad Men touch to your festivities, ask your grandpa to give you a vintage champagne cocktail recipe.
3) CHANDON CHAMPAGNE FOUNTAIN – A champagne glass fountain is fabulous, but somebody is BOUND to knock it over. Plastic glasses only please.
4) FONDUE OR FONDON’T – FONDON’T. Do strawberries and chocolate instead. Molten cheese will stink up your glamour pad! #Chandon
Fashion personality Louise Roe also dishes on some fabulous holiday style tips. Here are some of our favorites:
1) LADIES, WEAR RED …… especially if you’re single. Not because it’s a festive color, but because you’re statistically more likely to get chatted up by the opposite sex in that color!
2) LBD OR LPD? Instead of an LBD, try a LPD – a little printed dress. This season there are stunning winter florals, tie-dye, retro and graphic prints, to give your party outfit a unique and bright twist.
3) CHERRY VAMP VS. VAMPY RED – This is the absolute best time of year to try out a red lip. Cherry, oxblood, orange, or brick, a red lip is looksamazing with everything from vixen, black leather to relaxed, boho denim.
4) LESS IS MORE – Like Coco Chanel said, “look in the mirror and take one accessory off.” It’s great to get enthusiastic about your holiday party look and add some sparkle, but there should only be one Christmas tree in the room.
Follow the eight tips this wonderful duo provided for you and you’ll be sure to be the talk of the holiday party town. Don’t forget to bring your Chandon and check out the “Share Your Sparkle” page for more tips.