The Best Dressed at the 68th Annual Golden Globes
Awards season has officially begun and with that our first major star-studded extravaganza has come and gone. The Golden Globes are often seen as a precursor for the Oscar’s in nominees and award winners, but they also serve as round one of the fashion showdown that is the red carpet. We took to weeding the garden of red carpet couture, to narrow down our favorite celebrity looks from the evening. Here’s who blossomed at the Golden Globes:
1. Scarlett Johansson – Scarlett was ethereal in her Elie Saab gown, shimmering and angelic.
2. Emma Stone – It was nice to see vibrant color, especially in the form of Calvin Klein Collection. Going back to her natural hair color, Emma’s blonde hair worked perfectly with the coral hue.
3. Anne Hathaway – Anne is our top pick for red carpet ensemble. Her Armani Privé gown was classy with an edge that was chicly futuristic. Major points for a fashion win.
4. Lea Michele – Who can deny the beauty of Oscar de la Renta?
5. Mila Kunis – Emerald green was the hot color of the night, but the gem stone winner is Mila Kunis, for her Vera Wang number.
1. Johnny Depp – Johnny Depp went for an absent tie look and succeeded; keeping things tidy with vest and tux.
2. Jake Gyllenhaal – Classic is always in and it looks like bowties are too, this season.
3. Robert Pattinson – While most men on the red carpet wore black, we give style points to R-Patz for choosing navy, which gave him a subtle edge over the rest.
4. Chris Colfer – black tie for a black tie affair. Chris Colfer’s classic look stood out, because of it’s well-tailored fit and chic minimalism.
5. Kevin McHale – Being fans of Glee aside, we loved Kevin McHale’s red carpet look. He went for a bold, patterned jacket paired with a bowtie, a fresh and age appropriate look.
1. Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones – Another gem! The emerald Monique Lhuillier gown on Catherine Zeta-Jones was a flora fantasy. Add Michael Douglas to the equation and this is a power couple that looked it.
2. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie – Megastars with mega-style. Brad in bowtie and shades, Angie in sequin Versace.
3. Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman – Australia should be proud, because these two know how to represent. Keith had a good hair day and Nicole wore Prada.
4. Jon Hamm & Jennifer Westfeldt – Another man in navy, Jon Hamm stood out and wife Jennifer Westfeldt coordinated well in a pearly gown.
5. Colin Firth & Livia Giuggioli – Conservative, but effective, these two looked put together and proved that sometimes muted can make a statement.
To see a full gallery of red carpet looks, click here.