The Power of Red: Choosing Your Holiday Nail Color
For the longest time, my power nail color was pink, I would do a different shade every two weeks, but nonetheless it was always pink. Nowadays I have discovered one thing, pink is great for the toes but for your fingers, the real power color is red and lucky for us, there are endless choices of which red polish we can choose to finish off that perfect manicure.
I’ve now tried countless versions of red polish from several different polish brands and have narrowed down the field to my top 5 favorite choices.
1) Everyday Red: I find that the City Siren from China Glaze is the perfect everyday red. So if it’s meetings, lunches or date night; this color will be your new best friend.
2) Vacation Red: Whether it’s a weekend trip to Vegas or a week in Rome, my favorite shade is High Roller also from China Glaze.
3) Party Red: When it comes time for those galas, company Holiday parties or big events, I want to my nails to dazzle. I rely on Ruby Pumps from China Glaze to get the job done. This color reminds of Dorothy’s ruby slippers from “The Wizard of Oz” and will make sure your nails have the perfect amount of shimmer. Fun tip: Use a base coat of China Glaze’s High Roller to make the red shimmer pop.
4) Holiday Red: Every year polish brands put out a new Holiday collection with fun, festive shades. This year, I am in love with the Poinsettia from China Glaze. This bright red is perfect for ice-skating, holiday shopping and opening gifts.
5) Fall/Winter Red: If I want to go a little darker to reflect the trends of the season, I go for the dark crème look of Fishnet Stocking from Essie. This red is the perfect go to for fall/winter.
Both China Glaze and Essie are available in select salons and select beauty shops nationwide.